JED Entries Trademark Checklist
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:08, 1 November 2012 by Natselection
This article is designed to help Extension Developers (who want to be listed at JED), JED Editors (consistence for extensions approval) and general users (on reporting JED entries).
To be approved and listed in JED an entry must be verified in a 4 steps checklist process
- You are now in second step
The Joomla! name and logos are registered trademarks in the United States and elsewhere held by Open Source Matters. Permission, from OSM, to use these trademarks is usually required and is only granted subject to specific rules.
To know more about Joomla Trademark:
Use of Joomla in Extension Names
- The usage of 'Joomla' in extension names or domains listed at JED requires a license by OSM.
- Extension names must be titled 'for Joomla' ie: 'MyExtension for Joomla' is permitted. 'Joomla MyExtension' is not permitted.
To be licensed you need to fill one of the following forms to OSM:
- Domain Name Request: http://opensourcematters.org/domain-name-use-request.html
- Extension name request: http://opensourcematters.org/extension-name-request.html
List B1 - Joomla Trademark Checklist
|1||Project site Domain uses Joomla or derivative word?||Only if licensed by OSM.
|2||Project site display Joomla Logo using official pictures?||Only if licensed by OSM.|
|3||Project site display an altered Joomla Logo?||No!|
|4||Extensions that use "Joomla" or a derivative of Joomla in the extension name?||Only if licensed by OSM.|
Everything OK? Go for next step
TOC: JED Submissions Checklists
Table of Contents