Coordinators & PLT Contact
- The coordinator for this working group is Joe LeBlanc.
- The PLT Contact for this working group is Andy Tarr.
Code Quality / Utilities
Technical Work produced by this group
- Integrate jQuery with noConflict mode enabled by default
- Replace frontend MooTools dependencies with jQuery code
J! and Beyond 2012
Managing jQuery noConflict, potential solutions:
- load no_conflict.js
- clean up library manager plugin
- JSLint - add to the unit tests
- Ordering: Ability to add a declaration before or after
- Browser Caching - ?#342384623749873 <--- cache bust
- Joomla Caching - addScriptDeclaration: doesn't cache properly.
- Different behavior in modules vs. components
- OR: use defer for asynchronous loading.
Possibility: add code on the client side to detect whether libraries are loaded.
- Would need to document
- Or: Joomla.library('nameoflibrary', '1.0', 'libraryurl');
- Just use Require.js (or don't, it's madness, has ordering issues because it's asynchronous)
- Just use the plugin Joe authored. Or the patch Beat submitted.
- Don't code onClick events directly into markup! Use stopPropagation.
- Geraint brings up a good point: maybe you need to do something before DOMready... but it's on the level of eval()
- Optimize: We're currently loading everything.
- As long as we're still using it, use it modularly, the way it was intended.
- Might have to be done server side.
- Look at LABjs.
- Start a GitHub branch
- Start a Google Group - or do it on the CMS list.
- Sort out 2.5 issues from 3.0 features
- Look at replacing frontend MooTools
- Get email addresses