From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 20:12, 26 May 2012 by Jlleblanc
- 1 Coordinators & PLT Contact
- 2 Announcements
- 3 External resources
- 4 Deliverables
- 5 Technical Work produced by this group
- 6 Communications
- 7 Roadmap
- 8 Meetings
Coordinators & PLT Contact
- The coordinator for this working group is Joe LeBlanc.
- The PLT Contact for this working group is Andy Tarr.
- Much of our work overlaps with JUX. Join here as well: http://ux.joomla.org/
- For now, communication will occur on the Joomla CMS Development Google Group: https://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-cms If we end up needing more space, we may create a separate group in the future.
Code Quality / Utilities
- JSHint: http://www.jshint.com/ https://github.com/jshint/node-jshint/
- JSLint: http://www.jslint.com/
- Node.js: http://nodejs.org
- Travis: http://travis-ci.org/
- Underscore: http://documentcloud.github.com/underscore/
- Backbone: http://documentcloud.github.com/backbone/
Technical Work produced by this group
Primary communication will occur on the Joomla CMS Development list. The JUX site will also be used for specific tasking and discussion.
- Integrate jQuery with noConflict mode enabled by default
- Replace frontend MooTools dependencies with jQuery code
J! and Beyond 2012
Managing jQuery noConflict, potential solutions:
- load no_conflict.js
- clean up library manager plugin
- JSLint - add to the unit tests
- Ordering: Ability to add a declaration before or after
- Browser Caching - ?#342384623749873 <--- cache bust
- Joomla Caching - addScriptDeclaration: doesn't cache properly.
- Different behavior in modules vs. components
- OR: use defer for asynchronous loading.
Possibility: add code on the client side to detect whether libraries are loaded.
- Would need to document
- Or: Joomla.library('nameoflibrary', '1.0', 'libraryurl');
- Just use Require.js (or don't, it's madness, has ordering issues because it's asynchronous)
- Just use the plugin Joe authored. Or the patch Beat submitted.
- Don't code onClick events directly into markup! Use stopPropagation.
- Geraint brings up a good point: maybe you need to do something before DOMready... but it's on the level of eval()
- Optimize: We're currently loading everything.
- As long as we're still using it, use it modularly, the way it was intended.
- Might have to be done server side.
- Look at LABjs.
- Start a GitHub branch
- Start a Google Group - or do it on the CMS list.
- Sort out 2.5 issues from 3.0 features
- Look at replacing frontend MooTools
- Get email addresses