This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
How do I list my extension in the extensions site?
Information on how to list extensions in the extensions site is available here: http://extensions.joomla.org/help?start=2
Why was my extension rejected from being listed?
Some of the common reasons extensions are rejected are because of:
- logo violations
- extension cannot be downloaded or found on the site
- extension does not install
How can I help the extension submission process?
There are several ways you can help the extension submission process go faster and smoother. As you may know, the Joomla! Extension Directory is supported by volunteers and it takes time to go through all the extensions. To make things easier:
- Make sure your download link leads directly to the download page. It makes downloading and testing the extension a whole lot easier.
- Make sure a front-end/public/guest user can actually download the extension.
- Test your extension to make sure the package can be installed.
- If you have use the Joomla! logo anywhere, make sure it follows the logo guidelines.
- If you need to make changes to your extension listing and it has not been published, do not submit another application. Removing duplicates takes up precious time. Instead, login to the directory and go under "My Pages." On this page, extensions pending approval will be marked as such and you should be able to edit them. Should you encounter problems with this, contact the directory editors.
Why was my review of XYZ extension rejected, removed and/or edited?
The following are some reasons why your review may have been rejected.
- Spam and/or self-promotion.
- Feature requests. Send feature requests to the developer.
- Support requests. Send support requests to the developer.
- Bug reports. Send bug reports to the developer.
- Your review does not show that you used the extension.
- Not a review of the product.
- Putting some type of code. The review section doesn't like code languages.
- Commercial disputes. Instead, report the extension.
- Complaints about licenses, download policies, and version compatibility.
How do I contact the Joomla! Extension Directory editors?
The editors can be contacted through the Extension Directory forum or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
When is an extension considered ‘Popular’?
Extension will be shown as ‘Hot’ when it has an average of 150 views or more per day.
For how long is the tag ‘Just Added’ used?
An extension will be tagged as ‘Just Added’ for 14 days from the days it is approved and published.
What is the calculation for an extension to be ‘Top Rated’?
An extension has to have at least 15 votes to be eligible to be listed as Top Rated Extension. Top Rated extensions are ordered by the average rating given by users.
What is the calculation for an extension to be ‘Most Popular’?
Extensions with the highest view of all time are listed in Popular Extensions.
How is ‘Most Reviewed’ list calculated?
Extensions with the highest number of reviews are listed in Most Reviewed.
When is an extension listed in ‘Recently Updated’ page?
Extensions will be listed in Recently Update here when they are updated with new version.
What component is used to manage extensions.joomla.org?
The directory component used at Joomla! Extensions Directory is Mosets Tree by a company called Mosets.