Joomla 1.6 Beginners
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 00:55, 26 January 2011 by Phehello
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
Get Ready to Install
Getting started on your Joomla Web site is easy to do. Many hosting services offer a simple one-click installation, but if you'd rather be more hands-on, have more control or are your own host, all you need is a Web server with PHP and MySQL. Most hosts provide these as part of their basic package of services.
- download a copy of Joomla
- save it on your computer / disk
- Joomla! 1.6 User Manual: http://docs.joomla.org/Manual_1_6
- The Joomla Installation Manual (Download PDF) takes you through the installation process step by step
- The Joomla Quick Start Guide (Download PDF) should get you running quickly, and the accompanying video is a nice resource.