- Learn More About Joomla → What is the Joomla CMS, what can it do for you, and how to install it.
- Beginners → Where do I start? I am ready to use Joomla but I have no idea what to do first.
- Administrators → You are a Joomla website administrator and responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the website.
- Developers → You are a developer interested in creating a Joomla extension, module, or plugin.
If you are creating a new website, you should always use the latest version. Currently, this is Joomla CMS Version 3.4.3
. Upgrading will be now be easier, read more about this on our release and support cycle
Joomla CMS Version 2.5 has reached End of Support (EOS). You should not be using this version for new installations.
Get Involved and Give Back
If you want to give back to Joomla! and the Joomla! Community, here are just a few ways you can make a difference.
- Joomla! Beginners Tutorial Project
- The aim of the Beginners Tutorial Project is to construct useful, easy to follow Tutorials aimed at Joomla! Beginners. Topics will include helpful 'how to's' for the benefit of those new to Joomla!
- Joomla! Developer Tutorials Project
- This project is aimed at creating consistent, easy-to-follow Tutorials for Joomla! Extension Developers, written by Joomla! Developers.</translate>
- Joomla! Help Screens Project
- This project focuses on the administrator Joomla! 2.5 Help screens and Joomla! 3.4 Help screens. Unless a Joomla! Installation is modified, all core component Help screens are being served from this wiki. The summary status of each Joomla! Help screen can be found in the previous links.</translate>
Things you can do to help
You don't need to join the Documentation Working Group to help us improve the Joomla! documentation. You should only register if you want to make changes to the information contained on the Joomla! Docs Wiki. Also note that registration on this wiki is entirely separate from registration on our other sites, such as the Joomla! forum.
- Just Register and login on this wiki to get started.
- Feel free to fix any errors you find
- Take a look in the Cookie jar for a small Docs Wiki task.
- Join one of the JDOC Projects! The Joomla! Docs Wiki is a collaborative community and everyone's help is needed to maintain it as a useful resource.
Want to help but don't know how?
If you would like to contribute to the Wiki and just don't know where to start, please contact a member of the Documentation Working Group.
Help us improve the Joomla! Docs Wiki