Joomla! Working Groups
- The Joomla! Project is organized into two large working groups: Production and Community.
- Production Working Group
The Production Working Group manages all aspects of production of the Joomla! CMS and Framework.It is made of up several large teams.
- The main responsibility of the Development Team is taking care of the development of the Joomla! application framework and the Joomla! Content Management System (CMS). Besides the development of the Joomla! codebase the Development Working Group defines the Joomla! roadmap strategy, creating (architectural) designs for major and minor versions and of course taking care of bug and security fixes in maintenance versions.
- The development team holds two teams: the Development Team and the Bug Squad. The teams have separate responsibilities, but together they form the development force of the Joomla! project. Please check the Development Team category page for a full overview of all available pages.
- The Production Working Group is also responsible for special initiatives such as student programs.
- The Documentation Team is responsible for user and developer documentation, help screens and other tasks. If you are looking for a way to help the documentation effort, then please take a look in the cookie jar where we have a list of small(-ish) tasks that you can pick up when you have a bit of time and can be completed without too much effort.
- The Translation Team is responsible for managing Joomla! internationalisation and localisation. Here you will find information on how you can set up translations, how this team is organised, standards to use and so on.
- Community Working Group
- The Community Working Group is responsible for maintaining a productive, jovial forum for efficient, open communication between everyone involved in the project.
- Some of the teams that make up the Community Working Group are those that manage the Joomla! Forum, the Extensions Directory, the Resources Directory, the Site Showcase, the Community website, Joomla Connect, and Joomla! User Groups.
Most popular pages