Media form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 01:51, 19 June 2012 by BenjaminP
The media form field type provides modal access to the media manager for the choice of an image. Users with appropriate permissions will be able to upload files.
- type (mandatory) must be media.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- directory (mandatory) is the directory from which the user will be able to choose a file. This attribute should be relative to the top level
- preview (optional) shows or hides the preview of the currently chosen image. ("true": Show always, "tooltip": Show as tooltip, "false": Show never) (since Joomla! 2.5.5)
Example XML field definition:
<field name="myimage" type="media" directory="stories" />
This will open the media manager with the directory
/images/stories/ already selected.