Participating in the Community
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:33, 10 October 2013 by Tom Hutchison
This page is tagged because it NEEDS CONTENT. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Contributing to the Joomla Project is easy and you can give as little or as much time as you want. Anyone can contribute on any level, not just developers.
If you think working with Joomla! is fun, wait until you start working on it. We're passionate about helping Joomla! users make the jump to becoming contributing members of the community. All participants and future participants are expected to comply with the Joomla Code of Conduct.
Helping the Joomla! Project
There are many ways you can help Joomla's development:
- Submit news about Joomla!. We syndicate all Joomla! related news on our news portal. If you have some Joomla! news that you would like to share with the community, please submit your short story, article, announcement or review here.
- Report bugs and request features in our trackers. Please read the article Filing bugs and issues for details on how we like our bug reports served up.
- Submit patches for new and/or fixed behavior. Please read the Patch submission guidelines, for details on how to submit a patch.
- Join the developer forums and share your ideas for how to improve Joomla!. We're always open to suggestions, although we're likely to be skeptical of large-scale suggestions without some code to back it up.
- Join any of the Working Groups and bring your personal expertise to the Joomla! community. More info about the different working groups can be found here.
That's all you need to know if you'd like to join the Joomla! development community. Remember, Joomla! is an open source project and contributions from the community are essential to its growth and success. To see how you can get started see Contribute to Joomla!