Pizza Bugs and Fun 2
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:39, 20 June 2008 by Hamanaka
- 1 Goals
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Organization, logistics and communications
- 4 Locations
- 5 Registration
- 6 Requirements
We eagerly announce the second Joomla! Pizza Bug and Fun event scheduled for the weekends of June 21 and 22 and June 28 and 29. It's hard to believe that six months have passed since the first Joomla! Pizza Bug and Fun event. The first PBF helped finalize Joomla! 1.5 and, if all goes as planned, this second event will help prepare Joomla! 1.5.4 for release early in July.
This wiki will be used as the central resource for coordinating efforts and accumulating results from this event.
- Bugs : For our first PBF event, we targeted priority 1 and 2 bugs and tested the entire application. Since it's release, Joomla! 1.5 has been very stable and there are no serious bugs to fix. But, there are a number of medium priority items that require patches and testing. If we are able to empty the tracker during the weekend, it would be an important accomplishment for the community.
- Documentation : since the last Doc Camp a lot of documentation has been written, but we need more of it. If you want to help out writing documentation, you're also more than welcome.
- Unit testing : we have started writing unit tests for Joomla! This is documented in the wiki, see Unit Testing for details. This is a very important part to improve the overall quality of Joomla! and increase development speed. If you have experience in this area, we challenge you to come help us.
Below you will find as much as possible information we can share on how this events is organized. If you don't find what you are looking for, you can check out the PBF FAQ.
Organization, logistics and communications
Managing this event will be a challenge. The team of Pizza couriers is working on the organization of this event, taking care of all logistics, infrastructure and communications.
more information will be posted as soon as possible to provide guidance to those who are eager to help
If you want to get people together and have a venue to share, please add it below. Share as much as possible details like exact location, url for more information about the venue, ways to register, date and time the venue is available etc. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to contact Wilco Jansen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hotel La Meridiana Viale Italia 198 - Marina Romea 48010 Ravenna (Ra) Italy 28 June 2008 Additional information www.joomladay.it To register post here Contacts
There will also be a location in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Eindhoven, most likely it will be Rotterdam) If you are interested please send a mail to email@example.com
Webimagery, LLC 843 Carondelet St. Suite 6 New Orleans, LA 70130 USA June 21 Registration June 22 Registration
PICnet, Inc. (DC) 1341 G St, NW, Suite 1100 Washington DC, 20005 Registration Page
New York City JUG Address to be verified shortly Joomla NYC Website
Vancouver, BC, Canada 822 Homer (at Robson) Across from where the JoomlaDay event was held. Call Mike Hamanaka or Amir Sharifnejad at +1-604-626-9225 and we will buzz you in. [website to be announced]
No venue registered
Spike Systems Pty Ltd Level 6, 99 York Street Sydney. Map here: http://tinyurl.com/4gwatl URL with additional information will follow soon (including registration option).
Please enter your location in Asia here, provide us with: location and name of the venue, date(s)/time (don't forget the timezone), url for more info, how to register, contact option
No venue registered
Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
Freenode channel #joomlapbf from 21 to 22 June 2008, all times, all timezones.
This channel is available now and throughout the event. We might set up additional channels, if we do they will be listed above.
For write access to this wiki
To get write access to this wiki you will need to register here first. Please be aware that the registration process requires a valid email address. If you are traveling to one of the physical locations you are advised to ensure that you have registered on this wiki and have a valid login before you travel. You don't need access to your email account after registration.
At a physical location
If you wish to be present at one of the physical locations listed above then you must register in advance because space most likely is limited. Registrations are the responsibility of the individual location organizers and you should click on the appropriate link above for more information.
Taking bugs, tasks and pizza
Pizza can be ordered at a shop near by :-)
Please check the Organization, logistics and communications section for detail on how to get involved in working on tasks.
- All code must be made available under the General Public Licence version 2.
- All documentation contributions must be made available under the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. Further information on the JEDL is available in the JEDL Frequently Asked Questions
- No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed. This includes back links to your website or anyone else's. The one exception is that if you have made a contribution then feel free to add your name and an optional link to your website to the PBF Contributors List
- All contributions must be in English. Note that the official language of the Joomla! project is British/Australian English.
- Chris Davenport (contributions)
- Kevin Devine (contributions)
- Anthony Ferrara (contributions)
- Jerry Hilburn (contributions)
- Louis Landry (contributions)
- Wilco Jansen (contributions)
- Jennifer Marriott (contributions)
- Rob Schley (contributions)
- Amy Stephen (contributions)
- Nereyda Valentin-Macias (contributions)
- Elin Waring (contributions)
- Michael Casha (contributions)
- Marcelo Eden (contributions)
- Matt Thomas (contributions)
- Ross Crawford (contributions)
- Mickael Maison (contributions)
- Ian MacLennan (contributions)
- Jaap Woltjes (contributions)
- Alan Langford (contributions)
- Michael Hamanaka (contributions)
- Joe LeBlanc (contributions)
- Shannon Quinn (contributions)
- Michelle Bisson (contributions)
- Airton Torres (contributions)
- Toni Marie Swats (contributions)
- Jon Giles (contributions)
- Matheus Mendes (contributions)
- Alessandro Rossi (contributions)
- Stefania Gaianigo (contributions)
- Phil Taylor (contributions)