Pizza Bugs and Fun 2011
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 11:13, 28 November 2011 by Jlleblanc
- 1 Goals
- 2 Organization, logistics and communications
- 3 Locations
- 4 Registration
- 5 Requirements
We are announcing a Joomla! Pizza Bug and Fun 2011 event scheduled for Saturday, December 10, 2011. The event is global for virtual participants with local venues where ever they are organized. The official start time is 9am in each time zone. Help us prepare Joomla! 2.5 for release early in January 2012!
This wiki will be used as the central resource for coordinating efforts and accumulating results from this event.
- Bugs : We will be working through the CMS Issue Tracker where there are trackers needing patches and/or testing.
- Features : There are features that need some coding and/or testing before they will be ready for 2.5. Finder and the multi-database are two such features. The CMS Feature Tracker has trackers of testing and coding that needs to be done.
- Documentation : We still have documentation that needs to be done. If you want to help out writing documentation, you're also more than welcome.
Organization, logistics and communications
Pizza: OSM is offering pizza and soda for pre-registered groups. We aren’t setting a specific maximum, but please don’t go crazy with it. Get enough so there’s plenty for everyone, but not a week’s worth of pizza and soda leftovers for everyone. Contact Andrea Tarr (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the event to register and get details.
Communication: We have set up a Skype chat for all attendees of the PBF. Skype is invitation only. To get an invitation, email your Skype name to Andy Tarr (email@example.com). To make sure you can get in, get your invitation and log in before the day of the PBF.
More information will be available here shortly. The main contact is Andy Tarr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to get people together and have a venue to share, please add it below. Share as much as possible details like exact location, url for more information about the venue, ways to register, date and time the venue is available etc.
If you set up a location please send contact information to Andy Tarr (email@example.com). Feel free to contact her with any questions.
Lancaster UK Hosted by Dean Marshall Consultancy Ltd CityLab, Dalton Square, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 1PP Tel: 01524 63492 or use our | Online contact form More details to follow.
New England JUG Marlboro College Graduate Center 28 Vernon Street Brattleboro, VT 05301 http://www.joomlanewengland.org Contact: Andy Tarr (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Texas HubAustin 4930 S. Congress Ave, Ste 307 Austin, TX 78745 http://www.meetup.com/joomlaaustin/events/41979952/
Washington, DC PICnet 1605 Connecticut Ave, NW 3FL Washington, DC 20009
Charlotte, NC Charlotte Joomla! User Group Meetup Information posted shortly on event page
No venue registered
Sydney, Australia 6pm-9pm Hosted by Tim Plummer InterfaceFLOR (usual Sydney JUG venue) 101 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, NSW http://www.meetup.com/Joomla-User-Group-Sydney/events/42114152/
No venue registered
Tel Aviv, Israel
We have set up a Skype chat for all attendees of the PBF. Skype is invitation only. To get an invitation, email your Skype name to Andy Tarr (email@example.com). To make sure you can get in, get your invitation and log in before the day of the PBF.
If you don't already have Skype, you can download it for free from Skype.
For write access to this wiki
To get write access to this wiki you will need to register here first. Please be aware that the registration process requires a valid email address. This is the same login for updating Joomla documentation.
At a physical location
If you wish to be present at one of the physical locations listed above then you must register in advance because space most likely is limited. Registrations are the responsibility of the individual location organizers and you should click on the appropriate link above for more information.
Taking bugs, tasks and pizza
Please check the Organization, logistics and communications section for detail on how to get involved in working on tasks.
- All code must be made available under the General Public Licence version 2.
- All documentation contributions must be made available under the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License. Further information on the JEDL is available in the JEDL Frequently Asked Questions
- No advertising or self-promotion will be allowed. This includes back links to your website or anyone else's. The one exception is that if you have made a contribution then feel free to add your name and an optional link to your website to the Contributors List
- All contributions must be in English. Note that the official language of the Joomla! project is British English.