Template Development/Reading list
From Joomla! Documentation
Portal:Template DevelopmentRevision as of 09:08, 30 September 2013 by Wilsonge
Our template development documentation contains many articles, FAQs and tutorials. These are the first key articles you should read.
- Creating clickable background images using CSS
- Jim Yuzwalk has contributed a useful introduction to Joomla templates (download the example template from here).
- Changing the site favicon
- Using Class Suffixes
- Using Firebug With Your Joomla Website
- Understanding Output Overrides
- Layout Overrides in Joomla 2.5
- How are templates executed?
- How to determine if the user is viewing the front page
- jdoc statements
- How to cloak email addresses