Production Working Groups
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:44, 10 August 2011 by Dextercowley
Database Working Group
There's plenty of work to do to improve the way that Joomla works with databases. We need database experts who can look at optimising queries, improving the data model and making Joomla work across multiple databases. If you are a database junkie and you'd like to help then contact Omar Ramos.
- Contact: Omar Ramos (mailto:email@example.com)
Finder integration Working Group
Improving Joomla search is something that has been requested for a long time as the native Joomla search function leaves a lot to be desired. Because we want to move towards a unified content model it is really important that we address search as part of that. Many of the issues have already been successfully addressed by JXtended with their Finder component. However, Finder will only work with Joomla 1.5. What we need is to get Finder updated for the current Joomla version so it can be considered for possible inclusion in a forthcoming Joomla release.
- GitHub repository
- Coordinators: Michael Babker, Omar Ramos
- Contact: Chris Davenport (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Documentation Working Group
The Documentation Working Group is a standing team of people dedicated to improving Joomla's documentation. This includes both user and developer documentation. Our primary focus is this wiki, but we are also responsible for maintaining api.joomla.org and other resources.
- Contact: Chris Davenport (mailto:email@example.com)
Joomla Security Strike Team
Translations Working Group
- Contact: Jean-Marie Simonet
Proposing a new working group
If you would like to propose a new working group to be added to this list, please follow this procedure:-
- propose a title for the working group.
- write a brief overview of the job that the working group will do.
- list the success criteria for the working group.
- list the initial coordinator (or coordinators if more than one), with contact email address(es).