Radio form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:57, 21 May 2011 by Mvangeest
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters. For that version, you may want to use the corresponding Radio parameter type.|
The radio form field type provides radio buttons to select different options. If the field has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be radio.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default radio button item value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
<field> element must include one or more
<option> elements which define the individual radio button items. The text between the
</option> tags is shown as the label for the radio button and is a translatable string. The
<option> tag takes the following argument:
- value (mandatory) is the value that will be saved for the parameter if this item is selected.
Tip: Don't forget to close the field definition with
Example XML field definition:
<field name="myradiovalue" type="radio" default="0" label="Select an option" description=""> <option value="0">1</option> <option value="1">2</option> </field>