Removing a link from an Article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 14:30, 5 January 2014 by Kentmorrison
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
A link (or hyperlink) may be removed from an Article as follows:
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > Article Manager menu item to go to the Article Manager, select the Article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit toolbar button.
- Locate and click on the link you wish to remove using the article editor.
- Click the Unlink editor toolbar button. The link will be removed.
OR Alternatively, to remove the link by manually editing the HTML directly:
- Click the Toggle Editor button.
- Identify the <a href'...> tag that begins the link, and the </a> tag that ends the link.
- Delete these tags, removing the begin link element <a href=...> from the opening corner bracket (<) to the closing bracket (>), LEAVING the text that was linked in place, and then remove the ending like element (</a>) also.
- Click Save.
- Click Toggle Editor.
- Confirm that the text is no longer linked.