Article email and print icon settings
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 03:41, 17 December 2010 by Sander
To remove the email, print or PDF icons from all Articles:
- Login to your Administrator: www.yourdomain.com/administrator
- Using the top menu, navigate to: Content -> Article Manager or click on the Article Manager icon on the Control Panel screen.
- On the top right of the Article Manager screen, you will see a icon labeled Parameters, click on this. A lightbox style window will open showing all the Global Configuration for Articles.
- Scroll down the list and you will see options for: Icons, PDF Icon, Print Icon, Email Icon and Hits.Simply select either Hide or Show for the appropriate setting.
- Remember to scroll back up to the top of the screen and click save
- The selected configuration settings will now become the default for any Articles that has any options in its Parameters (Advanced) set to Global.
- The Global Configuration can be overridden per Article by modifying the appropriate setting in the Parameters (Advanced) section of the required Article. Remember to click on Apply or Save after making any changes you wish to keep.
- If you are trying to remove the icons from pages that show up for menu items, you need to go to the Menu Manager, select a menu, and change the parameters there for pages that are called by the menu items.
Note: Doesn't seem to work from version 1.5.4 on.