Restricting access to "read more"
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:18, 6 June 2013 by Wilsonge
This article is tagged because it NEEDS TECHNICAL REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Reason: this is a copy of the 1.5 archived page. It needs updating to 2.5/3.x series
If you create a new menu item with the Blog Layout linked to you category or section or if you publish few articles on your Homepage and set intro text parameter to more than zero, a set of Intro texts will be displayed with Read More links on that page. By clicking on the Read More link you will get to the full article view.
It can be useful to restrict access to the full article view for not registered visitors and leave just the intro texts readable to public. To restrict access to full article view, do the following:
- Log in to the Administrator back-end.
- Go to Content > Article Manager.
- Set the Access Level for the article with Read More link to Registered (simply click the Public link in the Access Level column).
- In the same window click the Parameters icon from the top toolbar.
- Set the Show Unauthorized Links to Yes and Save the settings. This is a global setting and will apply to all published articles.