Security Checklist/Testing and Development
From Joomla! Documentation
< Security ChecklistRevision as of 02:45, 22 October 2008 by Rliskey
Secure Testing and Development
Develop locally, deploy globally
- Develop and test your site on a local machine first. Installing Joomla locally is not as hard as it may sound, and the exercise will greatly boost your confidence.
Use an IDE
- Consider using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Use a versioning system
- Be able to roll back to an earlier version of your site using a modern version control system, such as CVS, Subversion, or git.
More suggested tools
- Check out the Joomla! community's list of popular Developer Software and Tools.
Go To Joomla Setup
- When you're ready, continue on to Security Checklist 4 - Joomla Setup.