Security Checklist/Testing and Development
From Joomla! Documentation
< Security ChecklistRevision as of 12:35, 24 October 2008 by Dextercowley
Secure Testing and Development
Develop locally, deploy globally
- Develop and test your site on a local machine first. Installing Joomla locally is not as hard as it may sound, and the exercise will greatly boost your confidence.
Use an IDE
- Consider using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). One free IDE that many Joomla! developers use is Eclipse. See Setting up your workstation for Eclipse development for instructions on installing Eclipse.
Use a versioning system
- Be able to roll back to an earlier version of your site using a modern version control system, such as CVS, Subversion, or git. The Eclipse IDE indicated about includes a Subversion plugin. This allows you to work with the Joomla! source repository as well as other projects hosted on JoomlaCode.
More suggested tools
- Check out the Joomla! community's list of popular Developer Software and Tools.
Go To Joomla Setup
- When you're ready, continue on to Security Checklist 4 - Joomla Setup.