Difference between revisions of "Setting up your workstation for Joomla development"
From Joomla! Documentation
(Final touches by creator for now.)
(Remove underconstruction template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:50, 10 August 2012
This is a trial to better structure all the wiki pages around developing on and with joomla. Such as:
- Setting up your workstation for PHP development. A step-by-step guide to configure a PHP development environment.
- Setting up your workstation for Joomla! development. A step-by-step guide to installing the Eclipse IDE on your local workstation for Joomla! (itself) development.
- Setting up your workstation for extension development A guide to Joomla Extension development
Installing a web server
- WAMP, LAMP, wikipedia: MAMP , ...
Installing an IDE / Editor (and debugging)
- Eclipse IDE
- Komodo Edit
- UltraEdit, Notepad++, ...
Installing a version control
If you like to contribute to the actual Joomla! code, SVN is what is used there.
Installing a build mechanism
- Setting up your workstation for extension development (build with Phing)
- Extension development using eclipse and phing This article explains one way in which you can set up your workstation for writing Joomla! extensions. It assumes that you are using Eclipse and that you are familiar with using Eclipse for working with Joomla! and Subversion. For more information about the basics of getting started with Eclipse for Joomla! development.
Help is appreciated finding related pages and making these pages less redundant.