Difference between revisions of "Smart Search configuration options"
From Joomla! Documentation
m (Added categorisation.)
m (moved Finder configuration options to Smart Search configuration options: Component has been renamed.)
Revision as of 16:44, 2 January 2012
Options allows you to manage the global settings for the extension. The Options settings are inherited by views but the settings in the Menu Item will override the Global setting.
The Options panel is separated into two parts. When you are finshed making adjustment click the Save button, otherwise click the Cancel button to abandon any changes. To export the configuration settings to a file (for example, before you upgrade Finder to a new version), click the Export button and save the file in a safe location.
The search options control the behavior of the search forms and search results for the Finder front-end.
- Result Description - This option controls whether search results should be shown with descriptions. Defaults to Show.
- Description Length - This option controls the maximum character length of the search result descriptions. The descriptions are truncated to the maximum length but the truncation is always done at the last space character so as not to truncate in the middle of a word. Only effective when the Result Description option is set to Show. Defaults to 255 characters.
- Result URL - This option controls whether search results should be shown with URLs below the description (if enabled). Defaults to Show.
- Advanced Search - This option controls whether the advanced search options should be shown. Defaults to Show.
- Expand Advanced Search - The advanced search options are contained in a collapsible container. This option controls whether the advanced search options container should be expanded by default. Defaults to No.
- Date Filters - This option controls whether the date filters should be shown in the advanced search options. Defaults to Hide.
- Result Labels - This option controls whether search results should be shown with Labels. Requires JXtended Labels to be installed. Defaults to Show.
- Highlight Search Terms - This option controls whether search terms should be highlighted in search results. Defaults to Yes.
The index options control the behavior of the indexer used to process and analyze content for searching. Most settings such as the weight multiplier and stemmer options will not produce immediate changes as they are used during indexing and the effects of changing those settings will only be seen after the index has been purged and run again.
- Indexer Batch Size - This option controls the indexer batch size. Finder's indexer breaks up the total indexing process into a number of batches to reduce server load and avoid PHP's memory and execution time limits. If the content items being indexed are particularly short and/or the server is particularly fast, the indexer can process more items per batch. However, if the content items being indexed are particularly long and/or the server is particularly slow, the indexer has to process fewer items per batch. Defaults to 50.
- Memory Table Limit - This option controls the memory table limit. Finder's indexer uses MySQL memory tables to temporarily store content data instead of storing the data in PHP's memory buffers because large content items will quickly exhaust PHP's default memory limit settings. However, MySQL memory tables also have adjustable size limits and readjusting them is not reliable. This setting is provided to deal with memory tables with smaller than usual size limits and should only be adjusted when encountering Table Full errors during indexing. Defaults to 30,000.
- Title Text Weight Multiplier - This option controls how much influence the title text has on the overall relevance score of a search result. Defaults to 1.7.
- Body Text Weight Multiplier - This option controls how much influence the body text has on the overall relevance score of a search result. Defaults to 0.7.
- Meta Data Weight Multiplier - This option controls how much influence the meta-data text has on the overall relevance score of a search result. Defaults to 1.2.
- Path Text Weight Multiplier - This option controls how much influence the path/URL text has on the overall relevance score of a search result. Defaults to 2.0.
- Miscellaneous Text Weight Multiplier - This option controls how much influence the miscellaneous text has on the overall relevance score of a search result. Defaults to 0.3.
- Stemmer - This option controls which language stemmer should be used during indexing. The English Only stemmer is a pure PHP implementation which has no dependencies. The Snowball stemmer requires the Stem PHP extension but provides support for 14 languages including Danish, German, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Turkish. Defaults to English Only.