it's me, Hagen Graf, and I want to invite you to join the Joomla! Tweet Team! It started July 28th as simple 'one tweet a day job' and now we are trying to clean up a bit. First we collect information ...
The team is actually 16 people and I'm (Sully) loathe to expand it. It's most of the CoC (Community oversight committee), a lot of OSM, a few from CLT, a few from the Forum global mods and that's it.
- No politics or governance at all.
- One post per weekday except in unusual circumstances.
- Priority goes to Joomla! releases--if there's a security or new version release, we post that and only that for 24 hours.
- Do not "Like" our own posts.
- We normally avoid mentioning about products or services developed by companies.
- We do mention great sites built with Joomla.
The challenge with FB is that we need to moderate discussion, encourage newbies and take out the spam
List of known channels
as far as I/we now
- Twitter: @joomla - Follow us. This account is primarily for official Joomla news and Joomla.org content.
- Twitter: @joomlaevents - Follow us. This account is primarily for news about Joomla events. We try to merge that into Joomla!
There are lists of accounts related to Joomla too
Do you know more? We want to get in contact with you to join forces! Join the chat!
"We" are at the moment
Informal Skype Chat
I created a Skype Chat called "Joomla! Tweet Team #joott" Skype was the easiest solution so far
Join the Skype chat
Already joined the chat to propose, discuss and schedule tweets (names in alphabetical order):
Ana Frade, arvind, Gary Brooks, Flip, Hils Cheyne, Isidro Baquero Jacques Rentzke, Jon Neubauer, Kendall Cabe Peter Bui, Mark W. Bender, Sandra Ordonez, Saurabh Shah, Simon Wells-k2joom, Brian 'Sully' Sullivan , Tess Neale,
How to join?
- send me your Skype user via twitter or add me on Skype (user hagengraf) and I'll add you to the chat
- ask someone mentioned above to add you to the chat
What do we tweet?
- tweet each day one or more interesting links from joomla.org
Therefore we need your help to find the real cool links/tweets.
We have these principles:
These principles will be heavily discussed at the moment in the tweet chat!
- Sander, Steve and Hagen are allowed to tweet
- In case of lack of consensus, any of us 3 have the final decision
- We do mention great sites built with Joomla. Tweet us @joomla to bring them to our attention.
The plan for the future
- most important: Tweet as described above
- having an ongoing chat to discuss
- edit this page if we have a cool idea
- setting up a payed hootsuite account to have more transparency, give people to possibility to propose tweets and integrate rss feed for generating tweets from joomla.org