Splitting an Article into an introduction with a link to read more
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 17:15, 23 June 2008 by Jonflgiles
This article is tagged because it NEEDS REVIEW. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
It is common to display introductory text with a link to the rest of the article. To split an article into an introduction with a link to read more:
- Open the Article for editing either by:
- Click the Content > Article Manager menu item to go to the Article Manager, select the Article and click the Edit toolbar button.
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- If logged in to the Front-end, you have appropriate permissions and are viewing the Article you wish to edit: Click the Edit toolbar button.
- If you have not already done so, write the complete Article text in the editor.
- Decide where you would like the introduction to finish and the read more link to appear. Place the cursor in this position.
- Click the Read more... editor button at the bottom of the editor. A horizontal rule will appear where the split in the article is placed.
- The horizontal rule will not be displayed in the Article. It is only used as a marker for the system when displaying the page.
- The read more link may be removed by deleting in the same way as text.
- Click the Save or Apply toolbar buttons to save the Article.
- When the read more link is clicked the entire Article will be displayed unless the Article parameter Show Intro text has been set to Hide. In this case only the content after the read more link will be displayed.