Social Media Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 04:32, 13 June 2012 by Hils
- 1 Social Media Strategy
- 2 Why do you want a social media plan for the organization?
- 3 Objectives
- 4 Metrics
- 5 Objectives values
- 6 SOCIAL MEDIA GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- 7 MEASURING YOUR GOALS
- 8 DEFINING YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
- 9 DEFINE RELEVANT SOCIAL MEDIA ?
- 10 BRAINSTORMING TOOLS AND TACTICS
- 11 Process
- 12 References
Social Media Strategy
- To promote publishing and collaborating in communities
- To communicate software that is free, secure and of high-quality
- To sustain a community that is enjoyable and rewarding to participate in
- Communicate people around the world using their preferred languages
- To act autonomously, in a socially responsible way, dedicated to maintaining the trust of its users
- To have unified communicational process/policy across all areas
- To publish and distribute critical content for the community
- To set a standard in the communication
- To ease the knowledge sharing
- Promote a code of conduct
- Every area must define content to be communicated, according the
general roadmap / internal plan
- Add new Joomla Users - Contributors, Volunteers ?
- Improve Joomla visibility
- Improve Joomla Communication and Support
- Answer Joomla Social Questions and Complaints
- Provide Feedback
- Increase Likes
- Increase Followers
- Increase Joomla associated Posts
- Qualitative or quantitative
- Indication of progress
- Demonstrable value (Social Media Report)
- Represents actual improvement in the current conditions
SOCIAL MEDIA GOALS & OBJECTIVES
1. Now, think about your TOP 3 objectives so that they are “SMART” – specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-based.
2. Describe how your social media objective supports or links to a goal in your organization’s communications plan.
MEASURING YOUR GOALS
For each of your goals, identify the following:
1. What is the purpose? Why is this goal important? What will be the benefit for your organization?
2 .How is it measurable? Come up with two or three quantifiable measurements to help you gauge your success.
3. What are you able to measure that will give you knowledge about your progress?
4. What defines success? Identify a benchmark for each measurement that will help you figure out how well you did in accomplishing your goal.
DEFINING YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
1. Who must you reach with your social media efforts to meet your objective? Why this target group?
2. Is this a target group identified in your organization’s communications plan?
3. What do they know or believe about your organization or issue? What will resonate with them?
4. What key points do you want to make with your audience?
DEFINE RELEVANT SOCIAL MEDIA ?
BRAINSTORMING TOOLS AND TACTICS
Each social media channel is good for something different. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of each tool against your goals in order to determine which channels are right for your organization.
- Crisis management
- Content Calendar
- Feedback to the plan