Template Development/Reading list
From Joomla! Documentation
Portal:Template DevelopmentRevision as of 19:13, 18 September 2012 by Tom Hutchison
- Beez - an accessible default template
- Creating clickable background images using CSS
- The Joomla! 1.5 Template Tutorial is a work in progress. If you would like to help out with it, please take a look at the main project page and the Outline for Template Tutorials.
- Jim Yuzwalk has contributed a useful introduction to Joomla templates (download the example template from here).
- Changing the site favicon
- Using Class Suffixes
- Using Firebug With Your Joomla Website
- Understanding Output Overrides
- Creating custom template parameter types
- How are templates executed?
- How to determine if the user is viewing the front page
- Template parameters
- jdoc statements
- Objects methods and properties available from your template - what you can do with