Text form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:38, 21 May 2011 by Mvangeest
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters. For that version, you may want to use the corresponding Text parameter type.|
The text form field type provides a text box for data entry. If the field has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be text.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- size (optional) is the width of the text box in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of size does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
- default (optional) (translatable) is the default value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="mytextvalue" type="text" default="Some text" label="Enter some text" description="" size="10" />