Text form field type/3.2
From Joomla! Documentation
< Text form field typeRevision as of 10:36, 27 July 2013 by Wilsonge
The page on this doc is in development and is not included in the master yet - It will probably be included in Joomla 3.2 but may change in usage between now and then. Use it at your own risk!
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters. For that version, you may want to use the corresponding Text parameter type.|
The text form field type provides a text box for data entry. If the field has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be text.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- size (optional) is the width of the text box in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of size does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
- maxlength (optional) limits the number of characters that may be entered.
- default (optional) (not translatable) is the default value.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field. If omitted this will default to 'text_area'.
- readonly (optional) The field cannot be changed and will automatically inherit the default value
- disabled (optional) The field cannot be changed and will automatically inherit the default value - it will also not submit
- required (optional) The field must be filled before submitting the form.
- filter (optional) allow the system to save certain html tags or raw data.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="mytextvalue" type="text" default="Some text" label="Enter some text" description="" size="10" />
Use the integer filter to ensure that letters types get stripped when the form is processed.
<field name="myintvalue" type="text" default="8" label="Enter some text" description="Enter some description" filter="integer" />
Use the raw filter to ensure that html code is preserved when the form is processed.
<field name="myhtmlvalue" type="text" default="" label="Enter some text" description="Enter some description" filter="raw" />