Timezone form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:15, 7 August 2013 by Tom Hutchison
|In Joomla! 1.5, form fields were parameters. For that version, you may want to use the corresponding J1.5:Timezones parameter type.|
The timezones form field type provides a drop down list of time zones. If the field has a value saved, this value is displayed when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected.
- type (mandatory) must be timezone.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) (translatable) is the default time zone. For example, use '-10' for '(UTC -10:00) Hawaii'.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML field definition:
<field name="mytimezone" type="timezone" default="-10" label="Select a timezone" description="" />