Inserting a list into an Article
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 13:23, 21 June 2008 by Jonflgiles
Ordered and un-ordered lists are a very common way of presenting information. To add a list to an article.
- Open the article for editing either by:
- Opening the Article Manager, selecting the article and clicking the Edit toolbar button or,
- Clicking the Add New Article button in the Control Panel.
- With the cursor locate the position in the article where you want to insert a list.
- Choose either the Ordered list or Unordered list editor toolbar button.
- The default ordered list begins with the numeral 1. and the unordered list starts with a bullet point.
- Type enter to create a new line and number/bullet.
- Type enter twice to finish the list or start a new line and click the Ordered List or Unordered List editor toolbar button.
Note the following:
- Change the list type part way through by clicking the alternate button.
- If you create a new ordered list later in your article the numbering will restart from 1.
- Use the Indent and Outdent editor toolbar buttons to create child lists. You may change the type of the child list by clicking the alternate button.