Update and Migration Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 15:29, 12 November 2013 by Tom Hutchison
The Update and Migration Working Group is a Production Working Group.
Dealing with updates and migration should be a part of every Working Group that makes changes that break backward compatibility, but we need a group that can make sure that the software and tools are ready to migrate from 2.5 to 3.x. as seamlessly as possible.
This group is currently inactive. If you are interested in working on this issue, contact any PLT member.
Coordinators & PLT Contact
- Coordinator: Open
- PLT Contact: Open
The Update and Migration Working Group met at J and Beyond 2012, Saturday May 19, 09:15-10:15 (GMT+1). A recap of the one hour session includes:
- Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 migration is a critical remaining issue
- Joomla 2.5 migration is a critical path
- Joomla 2.5 is a long term support (LTS) release
- Joomla 2.5 to 3.x is an update rather than migration
- Migration needs an extensible plugin architecture for extensions
Action items include:
- Create a Joomla branch in GITHUB utilizing Ian MacLennon's onward component
- Review existing branch for needs and functionality
- Draft requirements
- Utilize GITHUB for ongoing discussion