From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 16:32, 13 January 2008 by Chris Davenport
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section
Upgrading a live website is not something to be undertaken lightly so please read the Upgrade Instructions carefully. The instructions may appear complicated because there are many different configurations that need to be considered, but we have tried to write them so that you need only select a single path from the many available depending on your particular circumstances.
The overall procedure is:
- Download the correct patch package.
- Make a copy of your live site.
- Install the patch package on the copy site.
- Test it thoroughly.
- Backup your live site.
- Install the patch package on your live site.
- Make any other changes required
- Check your live site to make sure it is working correctly.
Please read the full upgrade instructions, listed below, carefully. If you have any questions before, during, or after the upgrade then please ask them on the [upgrade forum].