Usergroup form field type
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:18, 21 September 2013 by Wilsonge
The usergroup form field type provides a modal select box of user groups.
- type (mandatory) must be usergroup.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the field. This must match the name of the query results column that contains the values that will be shown to the user in the drop-down list, unless a different name is specified in the value_field attribute.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- class (optional) is a CSS class name for the HTML form field.
- size (optional) is the width of the text box in characters. If omitted the width is determined by the browser. The value of size does not limit the number of characters that may be entered.
Implemented by: libraries/joomla/form/fields/usergroup.php
Example user form field definition:
<field name="guest_usergroup" type="usergroup" label="COM_USERS_CONFIG_FIELD_GUEST_USER_GROUP_LABEL" description="COM_USERS_CONFIG_FIELD_GUEST_USER_GROUP_DESC"> default="1" />