Using the Github UI to Make Pull Requests
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 23:39, 20 October 2012 by Jmcameron
Github has a simple web interface that makes it very easy to propose a simple change to code. You do not need to install any software or do anything beside register for a git hub account.
These suggestions apply to forks of both joomla-cms and joomla-platform, although the screenshots are for joomla-cms.
- 1 Identify a change you want to make.
- 2 Find the file you want to modify on Github
- 3 Click Edit to open the file
- 4 Make your change
- 5 Scroll down and click the Propose file change button (add a note if you want).
- 6 Fill in any additional information in the pull request including a reference to the joomlacode issue.
- 7 Click Send pull request.
- 8 Make a note in the joomlacode issue with any a link to the pull request.