Using the Github UI to Make Pull Requests
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 18:56, 1 June 2013 by Wilsonge
Github has a simple web interface that makes it very easy to propose a simple change to code. You do not need to install any software or do anything beside register for a git hub account.
These suggestions apply to forks of both joomla-cms and joomla-platform, although the screenshots are for joomla-cms.
- 1 Identify a change you want to make.
- 2 Find the file you want to modify on Github
- 3 Click Edit to open the file
- 4 Make your change
- 5 Scroll down and click the Propose file change button (add a note if you want).
- 6 Fill in any additional information in the pull request including a reference to the joomlacode issue.
- 7 Click Send pull request.
- 8 Make a note in the joomlacode issue with any a link to the pull request.
Identify a change you want to make.
Find the file you want to modify on Github
Click Edit to open the file
Make your change
Fill in any additional information in the pull request including a reference to the joomlacode issue.
NOTE: For pull requests for joomla-platform, the 'base branch' on the left must be set to staging (not master).