Version 1.6. Readme
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 23:45, 18 May 2010 by Horus 68
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
This page shows the content for the readme.txt file to be distributed inside every Joomla! 1.6 packs
1- What is this?
- This is a Joomla! installation/upgrade file for version 1.6.x
- Joomla! Official site: http://www.joomla.org
- Joomla 1.6 version history - http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_version_history
- Detailed changes in the Changelog: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=/development/trunk/administrator/&view=log
2- What is Joomla?
- Joomla it's a Content Management System (CMS) which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful web server application and it requires a server with PHP and MySQL to run it. More details here:
3- Is Joomla for you?
- Joomla its the right solution for any content web project: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_Is_it_for-me%3F
- See Features - http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Core_Features
- Try out our online demo: http://demo.joomla.org/ (needs a new link to 1.6 demo)
4- How to find a Joomla! translation?
- Joomla speak your language: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_and_languages/translations
- Repository of accredited language packs: http://community.joomla.org/translations.html
5- Learn Joomla!
- Read Getting Started with Joomla to find out the basics: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Getting_Started
- Before installing, read the beginners guide: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Beginners
- Joomla! 1.6 User Manual: http://docs.joomla.org/Manual_1_6
6- What are the limits of Joomla?
- Joomla sites can be extended in functionalities with Extensions that you can create to suite your needs.
- There are lots of ready made extensions that you can download and install.
- See the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED): http://extensions.joomla.org
7- Is it easy to change the layout display?
- The layout its controlled by templates that you can edit.
- Joomla Template Tutorial - http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Template_Tutorial
- There are lots of ready made templates that you can download.
8- Ready to install Joomla?
- See minimum requirements here: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_technical_requirements
- How do you install Joomla! 1.6? - http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_install_Joomla_1.6
- Start your Joomla experience building your site with a local test server.
When ready it can be moved to an on-line hosting account of your choice. See the tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Joomla_Local_install
9- Updates are free!
- Always use the latest version: http://www.joomla.org/download.html
10- Where can you get support and help?
- FAQ Frequently Asked Questions: http://docs.joomla.org/Category:FAQ
- Find the information you need: http://docs.joomla.org/Start_here
- Find help and other users: http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/create-and-share.html
- Post questions at our forums: http://forum.joomla.org
- Joomla Resources Directory (JRD): http://resources.joomla.org/tos.html
11- Already have a site but its not built with Joomla 1.6 ?
- Joomla! 1.6 Overview: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Overview
- What's new in Joomla 1.6 - http://docs.joomla.org/What%27s_new_in_Joomla_1.6
- What are the main differences from 1.5 to 1.6? Table of contents: http://docs.joomla.org/Differences_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_1.6
- How to migrate from 1.5.x to 1.6? Tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Migrating_from_Joomla_1.5_to_Joomla_1.6
- Upgrade Instructions: http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrade_Instructions
- Convert an existing Web site to Joomla - http://docs.joomla.org/How_to_Convert_an_existing_Web_site_to_a_Joomla!_Web_site
12- Do you want to improve Joomla?
- How do you request a feature? http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_request_a_feature%3F
- How do you report a bug? http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_report_a_bug%3F
- Get Involved: Joomla! its a community developed software. Join the community at http://www.joomla.org
- Are you a Developer? http://docs.joomla.org/Developers
- Are you a Web designer? http://docs.joomla.org/Web_designers
- Copyright (C) 2005 - 2010 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
- Credits: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_Credits
- Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- See Licenses details at http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_Licenses
File ends here
- Links must be typed as external links to allow simple copy/past when updating the readme.txt file
- Special formats will be lost when text will be pasted to a txt file.
- Links to content pages should point to Joomla docs to make it a standard view