Draft: This page shows the content for the readme.txt file to be distributed inside Joomla! 1.6 full packs
1- What is this?
- This is a Joomla! installation/upgrade file for version 1.6.x
- For this version specific changed files see the Changelog: http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/ ...changelog.html (needs a link for 1.6 changelog)
Joomla! Official site: http://www.joomla.org
2- What is Joomla?
- Joomla it's a Content Management System (CMS).
- It's a free and OpenSource software, distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later
- This is a simple and powerful web server application and it requires a server with PHP and MySQL to run it. More details here:
3- Is Joomla for you?
Part is already here http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/
4- How to Find a Joomla! Translation?
- The Translations Working Group maintains a repository of accredited language packs:
5- Learn Joomla!
6- What are the limits of Joomla?
- Joomla sites can be extended in functionalities with extensions that you can create to suite your needs
- There are lots of ready made extensions that you can download and install.
- See the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED): http://extensions.joomla.org
7- Is it easy to change the layout display?
8- Ready to install Joomla?
When ready it can be moved to an online hosting account. See the URL: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_1.6_First_install
9- Updates are free!
10- Where can you get support and help?
11- Already have a site but its not built with Joomla 1.6 ?
Get Involved! Joomla its a community developed software, not owned by a corporation.
Copyright (C) 2005 - 2010 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see License at []
File ends here
- Some links are only displayed to point to similar pages already created for Joomla 1.5 until the final version of this page
- In the final version, every links to content pages should point to Joomla docs (need to create several pages)
- Links must be typed as external links to allow simple copy past when updating the readme.txt file
- Special formats will be lost when text will be pasted to a txt file.
This will be cleaned up soon