Version 1.6 Developer Notes
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 07:27, 21 February 2009 by Pasamio
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
Compilation of developer notes on changes in 1.6.
- Added ACL tables (todo - list them)
- Removed jos_groups table
- Removed jos_plugins table in favour of jos_extensions
- Added update tables
- Added backup tables
- jos_backups ?? @TODO
- Added tasks tables
JAuthorization::getUserAccessLevels( $section [, $action = 'view'] ).
JDatabase::setQuery casts the sql variable to a string. This allows you to pass an object that implements the __toString magic method.
Both JFile::write and JFTP::write now use a reference for its second argument. Code like JFile::write($filename,'string'); will fail, however $data = 'string'; JFile::write($filename, $data); will work for both 1.5 and 1.6
JModel::getState will now take an optional second argument to set the default. $value = $model->getState( 'foo', 'bar' );
JModel has an addition contruction option and internal variable
__state_set. This is used to lazy-load model initialisation.
JTableTree as an abstract class for tree-based tables.
Made JObject abstract. It can no longer be directly instantiated. Use JStdClass instead.
JDocumentXML to allow easy generation of valid XML files.
Join for access level
LEFT JOIN #__groups AS g ON g.id = c.access
LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_axo_groups AS g ON g.value = a.access
Only available in legacy mode (to be dropped in future versions):
global $mainframe- Use
$app = &JFactory::getApplication()instead.
- JTemplate (patTemplate completely deprecated)
- Multiple client language install packs (e.g. where site and administrator language files are in the same installation file), use packages with two language install packages
- Support for constants as language strings with JLanguage
Don't forget to do this:
- Access Level links in backend lists need to be refactored to support the new levels available in the jos_core_acl_axo_groups table.