Web Services Working Group
From Joomla! Documentation
Revision as of 08:58, 28 November 2012 by Parthlawate
The Web Services Working Group is a Production Working Group.
Coordinators & PLT Contact
- The coordinator for this working group is Ashwin Date (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The PLT Contact for this working group is Chris Davenport (mailto:email@example.com).
- Recommended reading: Web API Design by Brian Mulloy, Apigee (NOTE: Registration required)
- Stefan Neculai is a GSoC student working on a Web service API. Read about him in the Joomla Magazine.
- com_api on Github
- Aaron Schmitz has done some work on an OAuth 2.0 library
- Louis Landry has created an OAuth connector. Also take a look at Louis's new router proposal.
- [REST API by Techjoomla for Joomla Separate app approach Presentation | http://www.slideshare.net/coolbung/joomla-rest-api]
- [REST API by Techjoomla for Joomla Separate app approach Github | https://github.com/techjoomla/Joomla-REST-API]
- [com_api approach | https://github.com/techjoomla/com_api]
- [com_api Plugins | https://github.com/techjoomla/com_api-plugins]
- Note on current architecture used in Joomla 2.5
- Herman Peeren's presentation at J and Beyond 2010
Create a POC using com_users by using the extending it to add webservices to Adding, Editing users, Listing users. Added by Parth Lawate as per webservices group discussion at #JWC12
Technical work produced by this group
Primary communications channel is the Joomla CMS Development mailing list. If the volume of traffic becomes such that it might be deemed to be a nuisance by those not interested in search, then we will most likely start a separate mailing list.
- 19 May 2012: Meeting at J and Beyond 2012, Germany
- November 2012: Meeting at Joomla World Conference, San Jose, California