Potential backward compatibility issues in Joomla 2.5 and Joomla Platform 11.4
Please help making this document complete.
The base of this comparison is Joomla 1.7/Platform 11.2.
Backwards compatibility issues were also tracked for Joomla 1.7: Potential backward compatibility issues in Joomla 1.7 and Joomla Platform 11.2
CMS Libraries and Platform Version
- All class members except JFTP::$instances have become private
- JError::$_error has become protected
- JRequest::_cleanArray() has been removed
- The following class member have become private:
- JArchiveGzip:: $_flags
- JArchiveGzip:: $_data
- JArchiveTar:: $_types
- JArchiveTar:: $_flags
- JArchiveTar:: $_data
- JArchiveTar:: $_metadata
- JArchiveZip:: $_methods
- JArchiveZip:: $_ctrlDirHeader
- JArchiveZip:: $_ctrlDirEnd
- JArchiveZip:: $_fileHeader
- JArchiveZip:: $_data
- The following class members have become private:
- JSimpleXML:: $_parser
- JSimpleXML:: $_xml
- JSimpleXML:: $_stack
- In JComponentHelper::renderComponent the execution of the component is moved to the new function JComponentHelper::executeComponent. This means that a component cannot change or use any of the (internal) variables of renderComponent that might be used by the function later on, like $task or $option. Solution is to get the values, via JRequest, in the component itself.
- onPrepareUserProfileData has been removed. Instead respond to onContentPrepareData with a context of com_users.profile
The Associative array of user groups for a user no longer contains the group name, but only the group id in both the key and value. The names of groups for a user can be obtained from getGroupsByUser in JAccess.
Plugin Extension Manifest for Update Servers
(as of 1.7.3) The xml extension manifest for plugins on update servers must specify the client <client>0</client> in the <update> sections. Example:
<type>plugin</type> <folder>content</folder> <client>0</client>