Help31:Components Contacts Categories Edit
m (1 revision: Initial import of 3.0 help screens (derived from 2.5 help screens))
m (→Toolbar: toolbar location)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
At the top
At the top you will see the toolbar:
Revision as of 10:48, 5 January 2013
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to create or edit Contact Categories in your Joomla! website.
How to Access
Navigate to the Contact Category Manager. To add a new Contact Category, press the "New" icon in the toolbar. To edit an existing Contact Category, click on the Category's Name or click the Category's checkbox and then click on the "Edit" icon in the toolbar.
This is where you can add a Contact Category or edit an existing Contact Category. Contact Categories allow you to organize contacts in your web site. Contact Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and so on.
Details and Options
In this section, you can enter information about the Contact Category, such as name, alias, description, and so on.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Parent. The item (category, menu item, and so on) that is the parent of the item being edited.
- State: State of the item. Possible values are:
- Published: The item is published. This is the only state that will allow regular website users to view this item.
- Unpublished: The item is unpublished.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Access. The viewing level access for this item.
- Permissions. Press the Set Permissions button to go to the Category Permissions section.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
- Alternative Layout. Specify a different layout than the one supplied by the component view or template overrides.
- Image. Choose an image to be displayed with this item/category in the front-end.
- Note. Item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
This section is where you can view and edit permissions for items that are part of this Contact Category.
The tree on the left represents the user groups that have been defined for your Joomla! site, while the right part displays permissions for the currently selected group, and lets you edit those permissions:
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns action Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns select new setting Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns calculated setting
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the contact category and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the contact category and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the contact category and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another contact category.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- To find and edit existing Contacts: Contact Manager