| || |
At the top
right you will see the toolbar: |+|
At the top you will see the toolbar:
| || |
Revision as of 10:58, 5 January 2013
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to manage templates in your Joomla! website.
How to access
- Select Extensions → Template Manager from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Styles' menu link from the Template Manager: Templates screen.
The Template Manager: Styles screen was introduced in Joomla! 1.6. It allows you to manage template styles which you can then apply to your Joomla! installation. You can specify the default style to be applied to web pages in the public and administrator interfaces. You can also configure different styles for the various menu item web pages on your site. Styles allow to you have multiple different configurations of a template saved and then apply them on a site-wide or per-page basis.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Style. The style name. The default style that is installed with a new template will have '-Default' at the end of its name.
- Location. Whether the style is a public front-end or an administrator back-end style. 'Site' means it is a public front-end style. 'Administrator' means it is an administrator back-end style.
- Template. The name of the template which the style was derived from.
- Default. Whether or not the style is the default applied to pages which do not have a specific style configured. A gold star means the style is the default. There can be only one default style set for locations.
- Assigned. Whether or not the template is configured on a web page. A green circle with a white check mark in it means the style is being used on at least one web page of your site.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items by typing in part of the Title or the ID number.
Filter by Location and Template
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are two drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching all selections will be displayed in the list.
- Select Location. The location the template is used in - Site or Administrator.
- Select Template. The template which the style is derived from.
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Chunk30:Help screen list Display Count
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Make Default. Makes the selected template style the default.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected contact. If more than one contact is selected (where applicable), only the first contact will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Title or Name of the contact.
- Duplicate. Makes a copy of the selected template style. The copy is created immediately and is given the same name as the original but prefixed with "Copy of" and/or suffixed with a number (eg. "(2)") so that it can be distinguished from the original and any other copies.
- Delete. Deletes the selected template styles. Works with one or multiple template styles selected.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Click the Options button to open the Template Manager Options window which lets you configure this component.
Buttons Common to All Tabs
Chunk30:Buttons Chunk30:Buttons Chunk30:Buttons
- Preview Module Positions. Enables the preview of the module positions in the template by appending tp=1 to the web address. Also enables the Preview button in the list of templates.
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions intro
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns intro
Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns admin Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns manage Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns create Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns delete Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit Chunk30:Help screen component options permissions columns edit state
For more information, please refer to:
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following two links:
- Styles. This link takes you to the screen you are currently on.
- Templates. Click this link to go to the Template Manager: Templates screen.
- If you want to use the same Style for all of the pages on your site, you just assign one style as the Default. You can also assign different Styles to different pages.