From Joomla! Documentation
An extension is a software package that extends your Joomla! installation in some way. A small selection of extensions is included with the default Joomla! installation but many more are available from the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
The term extension is generic and the following specific extension types are available (listed alphabetically):
- Component (since ) – adds custom functions to your site that can be selected from menus
- Language (since ) – defines an additional language for your site
- Library (since ) – provides functions to be used by other extensions
- Mambot (in ) – modifies content in articles
- Module (since ) – shows nonessential data in a side box, possibly on multiple pages
- Package (since ) – bundles related extensions
- Plugin (since ) – modifies content in articles or provides functions to extend other extensions
- Template (since ) – define the look, feel, and navigation capabilities of your site
For an overview of the most important extension types and the functionality they provide, see Extension types (general definitions).
This category has the following 26 subcategories, out of 26 total.
- [►] Extension development (16 C, 38 P, 0 F)
- ► Extension development/en (0 C, 6 P, 0 F)
- ► Extension Installation (0 C, 10 P, 0 F)
- ► Extension Installation/en (0 C, 1 P, 0 F)
- ► Extension Management Help Screens (0 C, 26 P, 0 F)
- ► Extension Management Help Screens/en (0 C, 8 P, 0 F)
- ► Extensions Help Screens (0 C, 143 P, 0 F)
- ► Extensions Help Screens/en (0 C, 45 P, 0 F)
Pages in category "Extensions"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.