An extension is a software package that extends your Joomla! installation in some way. A small selection of extensions is included with the default Joomla! installation but many more are available from the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
The term extension is generic and the following specific extension types are available (listed alphabetically):
- Component (since ) – adds custom functions to your site that can be selected from menus
- Module (since ) – shows nonessential data in a side box, possibly on multiple pages
- Plugin (since ) – modifies content in articles or provides functions to extend other extensions
For an overview of the most important extension types and the functionality they provide, see Extension types (general definitions).
Pages in category "Extension Installation"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Install from Web
- J3.x:Install From Web (For Developers)
- J3.x:Install From Web (For Developers)/en
- J3.x:Install From Web For Developers/en
- Install from Web/ca
- Install from Web/en
- Installing an extension
- Installing an extension/en
- Installing an extension/pt-br
- J3.x:Installing Weblinks
- J3.x:Installing Weblinks/en