From Joomla! Documentation
A template is a type of Joomla! extension that changes the way your site looks. There are two types of templates used by the Joomla! CMS: Front-end Templates and Back-end Templates. The Front-end Template controls the way your website is presented to the user viewing the website's content. The Back-end Template controls the way your website's administrative tasks are presented for controlling management functions by a Joomla! Administrator. These would include common tasks such as: user, menu, article, category, module, component, plugin and template management.
This is a category page for all Reference type documentation pages pertaining to Joomla! CMS Templates. To appear on this page each topic page should have the following code inserted at the end:
Pages in category "Template Reference"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- J3.x:Access Template Manager Customisation
- J3.x:Access Template Manager Customisation/ar
- J3.x:Access Template Manager Customisation/en
- J3.x:Access Template Manager Customisation/hr
- J3.x:Adding a custom CSS with Protostar
- J3.x:Adding a custom CSS with Protostar/en
- J3.x:Adding a custom CSS with Protostar/fr
- Applying custom module chrome
- Web page diagnostic tools
- What is the typical template directory structure?
- What is the typical template directory structure?/en
- What is the typical template directory structure?/fa
- Where can you learn about HTML?
- Where do I find web page diagnostic tools?
- Where to find design tools
- Which DocType header do I use for templates?