GSoC 2017 Student Selection Criteria
From Joomla! Documentation
Want to become a Joomla! Google Summer of Code student?
The community welcomes all enthusiast students to work with Joomla for Google Summer of Code 2017. We encourage you to “do your homework” studying about the GSoC program. This will help you to make an informed decision. :) Here are some resources for students to get familiar with the program:
- Learn about GSoC
- Go through the Student Manual on GSoC Site
- Decide if you are eligible
- Read the Student Participation Agreement from Google.
- Go through the Rules for 2017 Program on GSoC Site
- Examine the list of available GSOC_2017_Project_Ideas in Joomla for GSoC 2017
- If you do not see any interesting projects from the proposed ideas, we encourage you to contact Joomla GSoC mailing list and propose a new idea.
- Start working on the project proposal.
- Community and mentors are waiting in the Joomla GSoC mailing list to help you with that!
- Register in GSoC 2017 as a student (after student registrations open)
Over the years we have seen many successful student projects. Here are a few tips for students to get an edge over their proposal.
- Get familiar with Joomla Project.
- Start contributing to the Project and engage with the Community.
- Start early discussing your proposal with the community on the Joomla GSoC Mailing list.
We will select the best proposals based on the following criteria:
(The quantity of students depends on the number of Joomla projects accepted in GSoC)
- The quality of the proposal and its priority for Joomla Project.
- Engagement of the student with the community and potential mentors.
- Contributions by the student to the Joomla Project & Community.
- Contributing to other Open Source Projects is a plus.
- We are waiting for your proposal! :)