From Joomla! Documentation
This page will aim to be a general informational page for students, mentors and others interested in Joomla's Google Summer of Code Program.
- 1 CMS
- 2 What is GSoC?
- 3 Information For Students
- 4 Information for Mentors
- 5 Any questions please do contact the Joomla GSoC Core Team 2021:
- 6 Related Articles
Joomla developers are currently working on multiple projects: the Joomla CMS main 3.x Version and the upcoming new major version 4.0 (2021). Additionally there are many side projects related to testing, performance, and other things. The Joomla CMS is the very popular and well known FOSS content management system powering currently around 3-4 % of the internet.
What is GSoC?
Google Summer of Code is a program run by Google for college students interested in getting a stipend to contribute to Open Source Software. They will spend their summer with improving and writing new features for the project. Visit the Google Summer of Code website to learn more.
- February 20 - Mentoring organization application deadline
- March 10 - Mentoring organizations announced
- March 29 - Student application period begins
- April 13 - Student application deadline
- May 17 - Student projects announced
- May 17 to June 7 - Community bonding period
- June 7 to August 16 - Coding period 
Please check the GSoC Student Application Template to understand what we are expecting from your proposal.
Last years projects:
Information For Students
- Joomla's project list
- GSoC Student Selection Criteria
- GSoC Student Application Template
- Joomla GSoC Mailing List
- General Joomla CMS Developer Mailing List
Information for Mentors
Any questions please do contact the Joomla GSoC Core Team 2021:
Google Summer of Code Articles on the Community Blog
- Joomla GSoC 2021 blog articles
- Joomla GSoC 2020 blog articles
- Joomla GSoC 2019 blog articles
- Joomla GSoC 2018 blog articles
- Joomla GSoC 2017 blog articles
- Joomla GSoC 2016 blog articles