Users User Manager Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Allows an administrator to create a new user or edit an existing user.
In this screen, you have the ability to create a new user (if you clicked on the 'New' button in the User Manager), or edit an existing user (if you selected a user and clicked on the 'Edit' button in the User Manager, or clicked on the name of a user).
How to access
To edit an existing user, navigate to the User Manager (Users → Manage). Then
- click on the name of the user or
- click on the check box for the user and click on the Edit button.
To create a new user,
- select Users → Manage → Add New User from the menu or
- click on the New button in the User Manager.
- Name. Enter the name of the user.
- Login Name. Enter the login name (User name) for the user.
- Password. Enter the password for the user.
- Confirm Password: Confirm the user's password.
- Email. Enter an email for the user.
- Registration Date.
- Last Visit Date.
- Last Reset Date. Date and time of last password reset.
- Password Reset Count. Number of password resets since last reset date.
- Receive System emails. (Yes/No) If set to yes, the user will receive system emails.
- Block this User. (Yes/No) Block this user.
- ID. Record number in the database.
Assigned User Groups
- Backend Template Style. (Use Default/Hathor - Default/isis - Default) Select the template style for the Administrator Backend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Backend Language. (Use Default/English (United Kingdom)) Select the Language for the Administrator Backend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Frontend Language. (Use Default/English (United Kingdom)) Select the Language for the frontend interface. This will only affect this User.
- Editor. (Use Default/Editor - CodeMirror/Editor - None/Editor - TinyMCE) User Editor.
- Help Site. (Use Default/English (GB) - Joomla help wiki/Français (FR) - Aide de Joomla!) Help site for this user.
- Time Zone. (Use Default/Abidjan/Accra/Addis Ababa/Algiers/Asmara/...) Time zone for this user.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the user and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the user and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the user and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another user.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Name, Login Name, and Email are required.
- If you did not fill in a particular language, editor, help site and/or time zone, the default settings from the Global Configuration, Language Manager and/or Template Manager are set.