Components Privacy Outline
From Joomla! Documentation
The Joomla Privacy Tool Suite consists of the following parts:
- Administrator Component. Manages User information Privacy requests.
- Module - Privacy Dashboard. Places a Privacy panel on the Home dashboard.
- Module - Privacy Requests. Places a Privacy Requests panel on the Privacy dashboard.
- Module - Privacy Status. Places a Privacy Status panel on the Privacy dashboard.
- Menu Item - Create Request. Shows a form to display an Information Request. To be created.
- Plugin - System - Privacy Consent. Adds consent fields to personal information forms such as Registration. To be enabled.
- Plugin - User - Terms and Condition. Requests user's consent to the site's terms and conditions. To be enabled.
- Plugin - Content - Confirm Consent. Adds a required checkbox to a form, for example the core contact form. To be enabled.
- Plugin - Privacy - Various. More plugins, enabled by default, without significant parameters to set.
On installation the Privacy Tool Suite is ready for Administrator use without enabling plugins or creating a menu item.
This is a typical sequence of events:
- An information request arrives. It must include a valid email address for a data Subject. The Subject does not have to be a registered user. For example, the Subject may be a contact added by an Administrator.
- If the message is not submitted by the Subject via a site Personal Information form:
- The Administrator goes to Users → Privacy → Requests → New to create a new information request. A message is sent to the email address provided inviting the Subject to confirm this is a genuine request.
- If the message is submitted via a site Personal Information form the Subject is sent a confirmation request message automatically.
- The Subject selects the link in the email message to open the confirmation form. On submission the Subject sees a confirmation message.
- The Administrator sees that Private Messages in the Title Bar has pending messages. There will also be a system email message.
- The Administrator goes to Users → Privacy → Requests and sees that the request status has changed to Confirmed.
- For a data Export request there are adjacent Export and Email buttons.
- The Administrator selects the Export button to have a look at the data to be exported. This is in XML format but displays sensible in Firefox.
- The Adminstrator selects the Email button to send the exported data to the Subject.
- For a data Remove request there is an adjacent Delete button.
- The Administrator selects the delete button to anonymise the data for the user. The user is no longer able to login.
- Select the email address of the data Subject to open the Review Information Request form.
- Select the Complete button in the Toolbar.
- The Information Requests list shows the Status as Complete and the Action buttons have vanished.
Note that this suite does not display a Cookie permissions form.