Helpsites parameter type
The "J1.5" namespace is an archived namespace. This page contains information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported. It exists only as a historical reference, it will not be improved and its content may be incomplete and/or contain broken links.
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Helpsite form field type.|
The helpsites parameter type provides a drop down list of the help sites in your Joomla installation. If the parameter has a saved value this is selected when the page is first loaded. If not, the default value (if any) is selected. With the exception of the “Local” entry, which is always added, the list of help sites is generated from the file:
The 'local' string is translatable. The 'local' URL returned is an empty string.
- type (mandatory) must be helpsites.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default help site URL (not the visible help site name).
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="myhelpsite" type="helpsites" default="" label="Select a help site" description="" />