What does a simple Joomla! installation include?
From Joomla! Documentation
If you simply install Joomla! without any modifications or extensions, the following (incomplete) list of features will be included.
This article or section is incomplete, which means it may be lacking information. You are welcome to assist in its completion by editing it as well. If this article or section
- Content component which allows creation and display of "content items" usually in the middle of the page.
- Front page component, which displays multiple recent content items designated as "front page" in the content manager. Configurable for layout and number of items.
- Tags for tagging all content types, articles, contacts, weblinks, etc.
- Weblinks component for entering and displaying a list of weblinks.
- Media manager for uploading and managing images and other media.
- User manager (administrative end) and user registration module (front end). Including ACL (Access Control Lists)
- Newsflash module for displaying specific content items as "newsflashes."
- Banner component for displaying ad banners with click tracking.
- Modules for latest items, most popular, and related items.
- A menu system
- A choice of several templates for your site
- Installers for third party extensions (templates, components, modules and plugins).
- The TinyMCE wysiwyg editor.
- The CodeMirror syntax highlighter editor
- Administrative interface for managing your site